jueves, noviembre 11, 2010

ENJOYING YOURSELF - MUSIC

MUSIC
The definition of music is different according to culture and social context. It can be divided into genres. Remember the names of the four young musicians, Jamie Cullum, Michael Bubblé, Katie Melua and Marcella Puppini, and the kind of music genre each one is known for. Have a look at all these links and you will see the difference.
Anyway,music is an importan part of our lives.There are many more artits ,so here are some and enjoy yourself.
Gladys Knight and the Pips were originally formed in 1953 in Atlanta Georgia. Watch the video
                                                                                                                                                       
                                                             If I were your woman and you were my man

You'd have no other woman, you'd be weak as a lamb
If you had the strength to walk out that door
My love would over rule my sense
And I'd call you back for more
If I were your woman (3 )
And you were my man
She tears you down darling says you're nothing at all
But I'll pick you up darling when she lets you fall
You're like a diamond and she treats you like glass
Yet you make it hard to love you
But babe you don't ask
If I were your woman (5)
Here's what I'd do
I'd never no, no, no stop loving you
                                                             Life is so crazy and love is unkind
                                                             Because she came first, darling
                                                             Will she hang on your mind
                                                             You're a part of me
                                                             And you don't even know it
                                                             I'm what you need
                                                             But I'm too afraid to show it

Live performance by The Beatles Hey Jude (with lyrics)




12 comentarios:

  1. I saw the video another time. The singer who sing this song is Paul McCartney, he was the musician who took the bass, guitar and also was the singer of the group. Paul is doing music now too. About this song I now that is one of the longest songs of The Beatles in their music career and they devoted this song to John Lennon's soon.

    ResponderEliminar
  2. You are right Ana and thank you for all the information. It is useful for all of us.

    ResponderEliminar
  3. The ballad evolved from "Hey Jules" a song that Paul McCartney wrote to comfort John Lennon's daughter Julian during his parent's divorce.
    The members of the beatles are John Lennon, Paul McCartney,George Harrison and Ringo Starr.
    Alvaro Santaella

    ResponderEliminar
  4. Hi! we are Amaia Pajares and Nerea Medieville (nerea´s computer is broken)
    We have found some words in the song that we have studied in the English class,such as; Let down, which means defraudar and To perform, that means llevar a cabo.
    The photos guys are: John Lennon,Paul McCartney,George Harrison and Ringo Starr.
    They are an English rock band, formed in Liverpool in 1960.It´s goes without saying that they are a famous singers.
    Another famous song of them is, we are the champions : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04854XqcfCY
    We love it!

    ResponderEliminar
  5. Hi! I have already watched de video of the song Hey Jude. John Lennon,Paul McCartney,George Harrison and Ringo Starr are the four members of The Beatles. Hey Jude is a song by this English rock band. Paul McCartney wrote it to comfort John Lennon's son Julian during his parents' divorce."Hey Jude" was, at the time, the longest single ever to top the British charts and it also spent nine weeks as number one in the United States.
    I also like a lot their famous song "We are the champions"
    Cristina Rodríguez 1ºB

    ResponderEliminar
  6. "Hey Jude" is a song by the Beatles, and it was released in August 1968. Paul McCartney wrote and song this song to confort Julia during a dificult moment in his life. Hey Jude is also the longest single ever to top the British charts. I also like very much "yesterday" from the beatles. Lucas Caporale 1B.

    ResponderEliminar
  7. The man who is singing and playing the piano is Paul McCartney, and is one of the musicians of the famous band The Beatles.
    "Hey Jude" it was released in August 1968 and Paul McCartney wrote it to help John Lennon's son Julian when his parents divorce.
    The names of the musicians in the photograph are John Lennon, Paul McCartney, George Harrison and Ringo Starr. This photo is so famous and it appeared in lots of posters, magazines …
    I don’t like so much the music of The Beatles but I have to admit that they are very famous. I prefer reggae music, people should have to listen more reggae is excellent!!

    Pablo Carnicer 1B.

    ResponderEliminar
  8. Nice lyrics and even better music, like this song!! Gonzalo Ortiz de Zárate

    ResponderEliminar
  9. Rosa, I think you've chosen two wonderful groups of musicians. I've known Gladys Knight and the Pips for years, they're wonderful and they are the kind of singers that perform standards, pop, soul... I like them very much.

    What to say about The Beatles that hasn't been already said. They were my very first idols when I was younger, and I've followed Paul McCartney's solo career with the Wings and also with her late wife Linda. There are some of his solo albums that I like very much, like "Tug of war" and "Pipes of peace". Yet there's nothing like The Beatles for me. There's a before and an after them; they changed the pop-rock history. Songs like this "Hey Jude", "The long and winding road", "Eleanor Rigby", "Across the universe" are just some of my favorite ever written...

    ResponderEliminar
  10. Hi beautiful Rose
    I enjoyed this blog post, I love the beatles and all their lyrics and I love Michael Bublé is wonderful. Well you know that although my English is not good I will visit the blog whenever I can and will read your posts. I hope everything is great, a nice big kiss.

    ANA VILLAR (fan del cine)

    ResponderEliminar
  11. Hi Rosa!
    Nice song. I like The Beatles, they rock! But my favorite song is Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7F2X3rSSCU

    Eduardo Múgica

    ResponderEliminar
  12. Hi Rosa!
    The location of the photo is Abbey road in London near the music studio where they used to record their albums. The photo also is used on the cover of one of their albums called Abbey road too. I would like you to put the song again in class please, it was very nice!
    Antxon Elola 1ºC

    ResponderEliminar

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...