domingo, octubre 24, 2010

The Story of Rock "We Will Rock You"

QUEEN- FREDDIE MERCURY
Queen started in 1972, playing very small concerts.Ten years later, they were a supergroup, playing in sports stadiums in Europe, Japan, the USA and Latin America. They were one of the most succcesful groups of the last 30 years. In Britain, they were voted the second most popular band of the millennium, afeter The Beatles. They played both hard rock and pop. In 1991, their lead singer, Freddie Mercury, died of AIDS. More than 75,000 fans went to his memorial concert.

Another song, Bohemian Rhapsody, which stayed at number one  in the UK charts for nine weeks.I like this one a lot.


Lyrics | Bohemian Rhapsody lyrics
 Freddie Mercury and Monserrat Caballé in Barcelona



Lyrics | How Can I Go On lyrics

2 comentarios:

  1. I used to sing the first song when I was young , it´s very fun ,we made noise with the table while we humed the song.
    I think that the other one , the one that he signs with Monserrat is very beautiful .both sign very well , they have a great voice and they do a expectacular duo.
    note: rosa while I was studying geology this afternoon I remembered the exam of english and I don´t know if I had put yours sincerely in the end of the letter, I am worried about it because I think that I have forgotten and it´s very important.
    Nerea Medieville

    ResponderEliminar
  2. I remember Montserrat Caballé and Freddie Mercury singing 'Barcelona' together before the Olympic Games. They both admired eachother even though their music and style had nothing to do. Then he died a few months before the 1992 games happened.

    I like Bohemian Rhapsody very much! It's such a powerful song that it really wakes me up whenever I'm a bit down...

    ResponderEliminar

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...